Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Notebook Shutting down after Stand by

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gauchio

gauchio

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

Hello guys, i'm relating to the post http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535544/icloud-installer-windows-installer-does-not-have-the-administrator-privilegies/page-4 . The guy really helps me a lot.

Unfortunately before posting again to solve the problem, I went to the pc assistance that didn't help any longer.By the way, the assistance guy made pc hardware test and they passed all.

Howhever the problem is when I put the pc in stand-by via the windows button (start/stand by) or by closing the monitor, after restarting the pc, it appears the log in screen for few seconds and then abrutly shuts down.

After a lot of try, I found that is something related to the ram / motherboard because changing my 2 x4gb bench (Corsair PC3-10700) with 2x2gb (samsung PC3 8500) the problem does not persist anymore.

Is there some advance test that could help me in understand the problem? Do I have to change the RAM and if yes, how can i be sure about the right product to buy?

Thank you for the help

David

P.S.

I run a fresh windows 7 instal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

Since you say you have a fresh install, I will mention drivers.  If you didn't get all the drivers from your computer's manufacturer, that can cause problems, so just be aware of that.  Now about the restart from standby mode, if your computer didn't come with Windows 7, you might need a BIOS update.  I had that happen with a computer that came with Vista, so check that one out.  

Regarding RAM, the best place to check that out would be crucial.com.  They have an app you can download & run that will tell you what you have and what your options are for making changes, usually listing several brands and prices.  You can buy from them or somebody else if you'd rather.  I've had no problems dealing with them FWIW.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 gauchio

gauchio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

Thank you for the answer.

It is not a problem of drivers. Every component is owrking good. This problem came from long time. In the link that i provided there is all the story :-D

Before doing other test without knowing what I'm doing, i would like to know if there is something specifically that i can do.

The assistance man (toshiba assistant) tried other 2 x 4 gb ram and the result was the same. It seems some RAM correlated issues (even if the test says that every thing is ok).

Regard

Edited by gauchio, 02 July 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#4 gauchio

gauchio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

Still having problems when I put the pc in stand by.

Any idea or suggestion from expert users?

Thank you

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users