Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With My CPU

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SuperBedo

SuperBedo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

i want to upgrade my cpu :Pentium ® Dual-Core T4500 2.30 GHz to Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quad

In Wikipedia i saw that socket P (Which i have in my laptop) support dual core and core 2 duo and core 2 quad

is this sure if it support dual core (which i have) i can upgrade to core 2 duo or core 2 quad

if the matter is a part of my laptop specs that is my specs

Laptop : Dell Inspiron N5030

CPU : Pentium Dual Core T4500 2.3 GHz

Ram : 4GB DDR3

Graphic Card : Intel Mobile 4 Series Express Chipset Family --- Size : 1695 MB

BIOS : Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A02

i want to upgrade it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

You should ask Dell.  Just because a newer CPU has the same socket, that does NOT mean the motherboard will support it.  I'd be extremely careful about doing this.  In fact I'd think the odds are that it would NOT work.  But who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and Dell will tell you otherwise.  Since motherboards are proprietary in laptops (unlike desktop mobos), the only way to be sure is to ask the manufacturer, in this case Dell.  Dell probably had Intel make the motherboard, but you'll never know what the exact specifications are unless you ask Dell.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 SuperBedo

SuperBedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

but how to ask dell ?

#4 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

How to ask Dell?  Three ways come to mind.  The Dell web site, the Dell forums, and by phone, 1-800-WWW-DELL.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#5 SuperBedo

SuperBedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:06 AM

ok thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users