Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware opens sites in new tabs that contain ads and fake media players

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 nmac143

nmac143

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

For the past week or so I have gotten many popups in new tabs (Chrome and IE) that contain downloads to fake media players some of which have actually downloaded themselves to my computer (I did not install them). I posted a topic in Am I infected? What do I do? but was told to go here for more help. Here is a link to the last topic http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539435/adware-opens-new-tabs-at-random-times/

As I said in the first topic I made, the virus is not found by any anti-virus, I have tried including, Malwarebytes, Avast, AVG, Superanti Spyware, JRT, eset ,and adwCleaner. The virus has also worked it's way onto two computers that are on my network. Any help getting ride of this virus would be much appreciated.

DDS files are attached below.

Attached Files

Edited by nmac143, 02 July 2014 - 11:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nmac143

nmac143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

I would like to have this topic closed due to some modification I made to my computer.

#3 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users