Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Virus/spyware Detected But Obviously A Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kable

kable

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:54 PM

hey guys, i orginally posted this in the hijackthis log forum but i received no reply. im guessing its related to the issue that no virus or spyware has actually been detected. a link to that post will be at the bottom incase you want to check out my startup options. heres the problem...

my computer has been running extremely slow, it has happened in the past and a reformat fixes it, however it always comes back. system restore to an earlier date worked about 2-3 times to fix the problem but eventually became useless. i have run the following programs: ad-aware, spybot s&d, mcafee virusscan, and windows defender. all of these programs are up to date, but have found nothing to fix the problem.

when i view processes running the programs that slow my computer down the most are the ones that i am using normally; aim, firefox etc. nothing suspicious is bogging it down. i have run msconfig and disabled all startup options, however everything still runs slow.

the computer runs slow for the most part, but struggles the most when starting programs etc. when running in safe mode everything runs smooth with no delay. when starting normally however, even the windows startup sound skips, this part is most confusing to me as spyware or a virus couldnt be loading that quick, correct?

i own a dell dimension 2400 running XP, 1 gig of ram and 2.39 celeron processor.

thanks in advance for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

hijack this log file

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:03 PM

Grinler has responded to your HJT log, kable.
He's asking that you post a fresh HJT log, if you still need help.

Once you post your log, don't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 kable

kable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:27 AM

thanks for your help, i reposted the log and hopefully i can get this fixed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users