Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software to organize bookmarks?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wishmd

wishmd

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

I use Firefox 30 on my Windows XP desktop and I bookmark web pages often, so I have a substantial bookmarks folder with many subfolders. It's gotten so I have a hard time finding what I'm looking for. I'd like to be able to re-organize my bookmarks in a simple, straighforwward way, using software (e.g. creating more subfolders and move bookmarks into them, for instance). Is there software that will help me do this?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

I know of no software that does this. You can click on Bookmarks in the Menu and select "Show All Bookmarks". This opens the firefox bookmark manager where to can drag and drop between bookmark folders or right click to create subfolders. You can also right click and copy or cut and bookmark and paste it to any other folder.

#3 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

Some of the browser based on chrome browser (other than google) have easier bookmarking systems.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

Not sure why you want additional software to do what Firefox already does: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/bookmark-folders-organize-your-bookmarks

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:54 AM

Why, because even with the update to version 30, the bookmarking system in Firefox is still uncomfortable to organize.  I use Firefox very much, but I also use other browsers for their better bookmarking feature. 

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

You can take a look here: http://www.xmarks.com/about/features

It also synchs your bookmarks between browsers if you wish.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users