Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

broken screen (inbetween the picture and top)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 csigsrfan

csigsrfan

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

I have a nextbook nx008hd8g that has the screen broken on it. Should I get it fixed though the warrenty or have it fixed close to home and end the wrrenty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Quevvy

Quevvy

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

I have a nextbook nx008hd8g that has the screen broken on it. Should I get it fixed though the warranty or have it fixed close to home and end the warranty?

I would say if the warranty covers it, use the warranty. It'll most likely be free or only have shipping costs. If you get it repaired locally (off-warranty), it will most likely cost a lot (relative to the tablet). Amazon sells the tablet new for $100, but your off-warranty cost could end up being in the same range.

Also, Nextbook isn't a super huge brand (like Samsung or Apple), so any repair shop will probably not have the right supplies and will have to order them. This means the repair would cost as much as sending it back through the warranty...

Again, if it's covered, use the warranty as much as possible!

#3 csigsrfan

csigsrfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

I tried asking them but they never replied so I don't know if it is covered or not

#4 Quevvy

Quevvy

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

I tried asking them but they never replied so I don't know if it is covered or not

Hmm... Looking online, it doesn't look like the warranty is really well-supported or documented. So I would say you could take it to a local repair place and see if they can get you an estimate to replace it. If it's going to be expensive, you could consider upgrading to a better tablet. There are a surprising number of quality tablets for around $100. (The original Nexus 7 for $130) (Woot.com often has Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 for $99, if you can catch the deal)

Or, if you're feeling adventurous, try and replace it yourself with a screen bought on eBay and following YouTube guides. Up to you though. Phones and tablets are fickle devices to repair yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users