This is a "basic clean-up" and we will go further depending on your answers.
Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
A black DOS box will appear for a short time and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
At most the tool will usually run for about 2 minutes
Please Copy / Paste the small log back here.
Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
* NOW :
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* Click on the Scan button only once to ensure a correct reading
* AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
* Check the removals and see if you are OK with the list.
* Click on the Clean button only once to ensure a correct reply.
* Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
* Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
* After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
* Copy and Paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
* A copy of all logfiles are also saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
Please download Junkware Removal Tool by Thisisu
Open your browser and go to Downloads, then click on the Junkware Removal Tool to install it.
Click on Run to initiate the installation.
To avoid potential conflicts, temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall. You will want to be offline when you do this.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as Administrator.
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Copy and this in your next post..
These are the most common solutions to eliminating the pop-up ads. Also several other problems.
1. Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel or Programs and Features if using Vista/Windows 7/8. From within Add/Remove Programs look for anything in the list above and select Remove.
2. Open your browser (I do not have a script for your browser, but see I these help) and disable (uncheck) all extensions.
Make a list, then one by one, re-enable each extension to see if the problems start appearing again with that particular extension. Once you identify the responsible extension...permanently remove it but let me know which one it was so I can update our list.
* How to Disable Extensions in Google Chrome - How to Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome
* How To Disable Individual Plug-ins in Google Chrome <- try only if the above does not work
* How to Disable Extensions and Plugins in Firefox - How to Remove Extensions/Uninstall Plugins in Firefox
* How to Disable Extensions in Internet Explorer
* How to Disable Add-ons/Extensions in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
* How to Disable all add-ons in Firefox, Internet Explorer
3. If the above did not resolve the problem, then create a new browser user profile.
* How to Create a new browser user profile in Google Chrome
* How to Create a new browser user profile in Firefox
* How to Create a new browser user profile in Opera, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome
EDIT - Malwarebytes is not designed to run in "safe mode" so Chameleon version was created.
Edited by noknojon, 02 July 2014 - 12:39 AM.