Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse freezing/lagging, graphics driver crashing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 somenoob

somenoob

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:29 AM

Hi, I'm having a few problems...as in the topic my mouse cursor keeps randomly freezing and lagging, things are loading slowly and every now and then my graphics driver crashes. Everything seems to be a bit better after it crashes. I haven't been able to keep the crash error message up long enough to copy it but as soon as I see it I will add that if it helps. Help would be much appreciated :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 somenoob

somenoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:39 AM

Crash message: Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 337.88 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

Lets do a couple scans as I feel it may not be malware but want to rule it out.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and Malwarebytes Chameleon

----------
  • Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and save it to your desktop
  • Double click the desktop icon, click Run, then OK
  • Click Next
  • Select I accept the agreement then continue to click Next then finally click Install
  • Uncheck Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium if you do not want the free trial of the paid version, then click Finish
  • If you are notified the Database is out of date click Update Now
  • Click Scan Now >>
----------
  • Note: If Malwarebytes will not launch please do the following to launch Malwarebytes Chameleon:
  • Click Start (Start, Search, All files and folders for Windows XP) then type mbam
  • Double click one of the four following files (if one does not work try the next one, and so on) - A black command window will open. Follow those instructions until the Malwarebytes program starts the scan

mbam-chameleon.scr
mbam-chameleon
mbam-chameleon.exe
mbam-chameleon.com

----------
  • When completed click the down arrow on Export Log and select Text file (*.txt)
  • Save the file to your desktop as MBAM
  • Click Apply Actions then restart your computer if requested
  • Copy and past the contents of MBAM.txt in your reply

ADW Cleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
  • -- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 somenoob

somenoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:37 AM

I've run the scans, I have the logs if you want them but they didn't really seem to have found anything. Did some more research into other causes of the problem as I was stuck on it possibly being a bitcoin miner...seems like there's a major issue with the latest Nvidia driver release which I have and many reported cases of similar errors. Working on rolling it back now and hopefully that will fix it. Apologies for probably wasting your time, I should have checked this out earlier.

#5 somenoob

somenoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:22 AM

Problem is solved. Removed the problem Nvidia driver and installed an older one and the mouse was plugged into a USB 3.0 port instead of 2.0. This thread might as well be closed if anyone would be so kind? Thanks for the help anyway :)

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

Excellent, I did not think it was malware.. Thanks for your solution.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users