Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unresponsive computer- hardware problem or a Windows 8 glitch?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 comp.cat

comp.cat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:54 PM

Hi all,

Earlier today my Asus x551m laptop stopped working; the cursor arrow is still visible and movable, but nothing is clickable, ctrl-alt-delete does nothing, and this laptop does not have an easily removable battery that would allow for a hard reset. Also, when I hold the laptop up to my ear, it is completely silent as if it's not even running. It's been like this for almost 3 hours, and I'm hoping that it will be ok once the battery dies and I power it on again.

Any help/tips/ideas on what could've happened? Thanks so much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

Hold the power button for at least 10 seconds to power the computer off completely. Then power it back on and it should boot. If it freezes again let us know.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users