Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mediasmart EX490 Flashing White Health Icon

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mfc90125

mfc90125

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

Greetings,

I rebooted my home network after experiencing issues with my Internet.  When I turned the 490 back on, I now receive a flashing white (blue?) Health light with no red.  It is a continually flashing light with no red.  None of the drives show as booting up.

I have made no changes to the 490 since restarting it..  When the problem began, I took the three storage drives out of the unit and restarted to see if the situation changed.  The same blue/white flashing light continues.

The 490 is on my home server but my WMC7 HTPC is the only computer which can access its core functions.  This computer cannot find it in the network.

The 490 has a collection of 1/2TB drives with the factory drive never replaced.  It is running the same Home Server 2003 which came standard with the unit.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mfc90125

mfc90125
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

UPDATE: Ok, I've determined that the boot drive had gone bad.  Luckily, I have another 490 that I just hooked up to the same network connection.  My question is this: since I have data from the old 490 spread out onto those 1/2TB drives, can I just move the drives over without losing the data on them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users