Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video files on computer randomly stopping during playback

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

I am having problems with video files (mp4) stopping for a couple seconds at a time randomly during playback. I shot these video files using a HD android phone then added dragons & creatures in SonyVegas then rendered them into the same HD avc format under a new name, and all mp4 files seem to have the same problem, they pause for two seconds at seemingly random spots during playback. I have klite mega codec pack + open in Media Player Classic Home Cinema. I googled the problem but didn't find anything, nobody with similar issues, nothing :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

IME...the only time that I encounter delay/stoppage in a video I have made...is probably attributable to the coding done the first time.  I don't try to figure that out, I just run them through the final coding process again and the glitches go away.  I'd take the troublesome files and recode them as the final format again...and see if the problems go away.

Try the Latest Klite Mega Pak, rather than 4.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 30 June 2014 - 04:00 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Audio/Video Apps - Hamluis.

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

VLC Player has it's own codec pack also, and is very reliable for playback...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users