Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

deleted hardware now cant access internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bambam4lsu

bambam4lsu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

I downloaded Raidcall,, it added add ons,, I deleted add ons.. i must of deleted more,, i now cant connect to internet google, firefox or esplorer or yahoo.. dinosigics says internet connection is working other PC in house working just fine.. I did system restore, after almost finish tell me error try again,, my LAN is showing its working also... I just cant connect to internet the sites pop up like normal but cant load facebook, yahoo mail, chasebank nothing... please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

Did you look in the Recycle Bin?  Depending on what you deleted and how you deleted it (you didn't say), you might find it there.  You could download the full version of Firefox to a flash drive, then install it on your computer and see if that would work.  You could also try SFC to attempt to find and correct corrupted files.  Click Start and type CMD in the search box, then right-click on CMD.EXE and click Run as administrator.  From the command prompt type sfc /scannow.  If none of this helps, it might be time to save your data and restore to factory settings.

When you've gotten your system back like you want it, I urge you to get yourself an external hard drive and a good 3rd party backup program. You can set it up to do everything automagically at the time and frequency of your choice. 1 TB external hard drives are about $60 these days and a really good FREE backup program is the Easeus Todo Backup Free.  That can save you a lot of time and frustration the next time something like this happens. Sooner or later it happens to all computers for one reason or another.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users