Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

End user changed his username locally, now.........

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 philroth

philroth

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

I have an enduser that changed his username on the local machine. He did not notifiy my that he changed his UN so the UN was not changed on the server,  thus he could not access the network drives. We changed his UN back to the original UN, he can log in ok, but still cant access the network drives.

I've tried disabling and enabling his account but still no luck. I've also tried re-mapping the drives on his machine, but says drives are not available.

Local machine is W7 Home premium. I know the machine is not loggin into the domain, but it should still let me map to the server drives.

Server is Windows Server 2008 Std.

Thanks for any help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 x64

x64

• Members
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

It strikes me as most likely to be a password issue.....

Check his passwords match on both server and workstation user accounts and that there are no old passwords for the server cached in credentials manager on his machine.

Also check that his connections to the server are only using a single server user account.

x64

#3 philroth

philroth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

X64, thanks. I changed the PW on both ends. Had to reboot the pc twice to get it to see the drives, but it worked.

THANKS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users