Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD (Netio.sys) - Please help

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BSODor!BSOD

BSODor!BSOD

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

I've had this BSOD problem for some time and would appreciate some help sorting this out, so that I don't make matters worse by attempting a poorly thought out fix.

It's an ASUS (N76V series) which runs Windows 7 Premium (64 bit)
Intel Core i7 - 3610QM, 2.3GHz.
12 GB ram; I upgraded from 6GB just after I got it and this is the only hardware change, but I cannot remember when these BSOD troubles began around that time or months later.

Here's the error message:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x00000001 (0x0000000000000050, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF880019A4250)

***     NETIO.SYS - Address FFFFF880019A4250 base at FFFFF88001975000, DateStamp 5294760d

Please explain in simple terms how to solve this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

There's not enough info in the blue screen error message to determine what the cause is. Try going through Event Viewer and looking for error messages logged from the last time it blue screened:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 BSODor!BSOD

BSODor!BSOD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

No minidump file found

**** End of log ****

Edited by BSODor!BSOD, 30 June 2014 - 11:38 PM.

#5 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

To get more info on all those code integrity events, look them up in Event Viewer: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff553952%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

These errors are often caused by corrupt drivers which may need to be reinstalled, so you'll need to know which drivers are causing the problem.

I'd also recommend configuring iTunes not to start up automatically when you boot the computer. And I'd uninstall Advanced System Care, Surfing Protection, probably even the IObit Uninstaller.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

Your C: drive is down to 21GB of free space, this is getting close to becoming problematic in terms of performance.

I would suggest not downloading P2P files, this is one of the fastest way I know of to get infected.

Please run chkdsk /r

Chkdsk /r checks for bad sectors on the hdd and recovers any readable information.

Click on the Start orb and type in cmd in the Search programs and files box.  When cmd is seen in Programs above the Search box right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.

You will see a screen similar to the one below.

Screenshot2.jpg

Type in chkdsk c:/r then press Enter.  Please notice the space between the chkdsk and the /r.

You will receieve the message "CHKDSK cannot be run because it is in use by another process.  Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts?  <Y/N>".

Type in Y and press Enter.

Restart your computer to start the scan.

This will take a while to run, please be patient and allow it to complete the scan.

Edited by dc3, 30 June 2014 - 01:27 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 BSODor!BSOD

BSODor!BSOD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

To get more info on all those code integrity events, look them up in Event Viewer: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff553952%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

These errors are often caused by corrupt drivers which may need to be reinstalled, so you'll need to know which drivers are causing the problem.

I'd also recommend configuring iTunes not to start up automatically when you boot the computer. And I'd uninstall Advanced System Care, Surfing Protection, probably even the IObit Uninstaller.

The Event Viewer identifies the problem as: 'FsUsbExDisk.Sys'. But the latest of these Code Integrity was triggered almost a year ago, so I that probably isn't the cause of this BSOD problem.

I have uninstalled the programs you listed, except for IObit Uninstaller, which isn't co-operating. Also got rid of iTunes. This junk accumelates over time.

Your C: drive is down to 21GB of free space, this is getting close to becoming problematic in terms of performance.

I would suggest not downloading P2P files, this is one of the fastest way I know of to get infected.

Please run chkdsk /r

Chkdsk /r checks for bad sectors on the hdd and recovers any readable information.

Click on the Start orb and type in cmd in the Search programs and files box.  When cmd is seen in Programs above the Search box right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.

You will see a screen similar to the one below.

Screenshot2.jpg

Type in chkdsk c:/r then press Enter.  Please notice the space between the chkdsk and the /r.

You will receieve the message "CHKDSK cannot be run because it is in use by another process.  Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts?  <Y/N>".

Type in Y and press Enter.

Restart your computer to start the scan.

This will take a while to run, please be patient and allow it to complete the scan.

I got rid of some things on C and now have 70+ GB free; I'll try not to fill it up like that again.

Do you think this BSOD problem is the result of an infection? If so, it's lain hidden for months and survived multiple anti-virus scans.

I'll run the scan now and report back.

#8 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

FsUsbExDisk.Sys is associated with Samsung Kies, which you use whny you connect your phone to your PC. You might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling that software.

#9 BSODor!BSOD

BSODor!BSOD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

Yup. I had some problems with Samsung Kies last year. Probably already solved it seeing as the error no longer triggers, but will reinstall just in case.

#10 BSODor!BSOD

BSODor!BSOD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

Okay. So I ran chkdsk. What next?

#11 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

Did chkdsk return any error messages, or messages about bad sectors?

Is the computer still blue screening?

#12 BSODor!BSOD

BSODor!BSOD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:36 PM

No error messages or messages about bad sectors that I saw. Hard to say about the BSOD; it's occasional, so it may take some days before it happens again.

#13 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:58 PM

Keep us posted.

#14 BSODor!BSOD

BSODor!BSOD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

No BSOD in the past week. Looks like you solved it. Thanks!

#15 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

Awesome. :thumbup2:  I think that and freeing up space on the hard drive did it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users