Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuttering on games :(

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Antro_1

Antro_1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

Hi I'm having an annoying issue with some games with stuttering when my system seems to be more than capable of running them. Here are some of the games that have this issue whilst playing them: Crysis , Metro last light , Red faction guerilla (<--very rarely stutters) Deus ex human revolution , BF4 , Watch dogs and world of tanks.

Yes I understand that some of those games are old and It also could be because of in-game loading but its strange because it is not happening to anyone else and I have tried nearly everything to fix this issue (I play these games on a gaming laptop with a mobile GPU etc...) but It still persists so Is there any solutions and reasons to why this happens and is there anything I could turn down in the video menu of these games at could be causing them to stutter? Here are my main specs

CPU: i7 4700MQ

GPU: Geforce GTX 765M

RAM: 8GB

Running these games on a gaming laptop (with no SSD if that has anything to do with it) and hope to get this fixed. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dlaxtn22

dlaxtn22

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

Have you tried pulling up task manager going to the performance tab then resource manager to try and see what could be eating your system resources?

#3 Antro_1

Antro_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

Have you tried pulling up task manager going to the performance tab then resource manager to try and see what could be eating your system resources?

Not yet. I have pulled up task manager alone to see what could be eating my system resources in the "processes" tab but even when ending a process the stuttering still continues also do you not mean the resource monitor? Thanks for the reply.

Edited by Antro_1, 01 July 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

I suggest that you download CCLEANER then run it, hit the option's button then settings,put a tick next to Run Ccleaner when the computer starts.
Also when in options go to advanced tab and put a tick next to close program after cleaning.
This will automate the temporary file removal on your machine and keep it speedy.
Disable all of the start ups on the machine except your antivirus.
To disable hit the tools button then the start up button,then disable.

Then follow this guide.

http://www.ihelpforum.com/index.php?guides/speeding-up-your-internet-connection-vista-windows-7.44/

#5 Antro_1

Antro_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

Thanks Guys. This has removed alot of my stuttering thanks to your solutions and info. I also unparked my cores which also contributed towards removing the stuttering. Just out of interest is it dangerous to unpark cores on windows 7?

#6 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

Not sure about the core unparking but would you consider the issue resolved now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users