Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows log on not working properly!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Uselesslight

Uselesslight

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

Here's the problem:

Kind of hard to understand but bear with me, I log into Windows using my user account "Owner", it appeared at first that the data was gone.  However upon closer inspection I notice that it's logging into Windows and then using a folder called "Temp" where it's libraries are by default, but all of the data for the account is stored in the folder called "Temp" I'm not sure why this is, it wasn't like that on Friday.

Login option - "Owner"

Users directory - "Owner", "Temp"

Data stored - "Owner"

Library used - "Temp"

I'm hoping you guys are understanding what I'm meaning, it's difficult to explain. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

This sounds like a corrupt user ID.  I'd create another ID with admin authority, sign on with the new ID, then copy the files from the old ID to the new one.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:24 PM

See if this thread makes any sense,long winded but has a solution at the end.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/168895-temp-folder-c-users.html

Also

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/118201-user-file-stored-folder-called-temp.html

#4 Uselesslight

Uselesslight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

Thanks Wolverine 7 and wpgwpg

Wolverine 7 I think your post might have helped me solve the problem.  I do think it's selecting the "Owner" user profile tile but it's logging into a "temp" profile because of the user account service.  Thanks guys, I'll let you know once I've solved it!

#5 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

Sounds hopefull,let ud know how it goes. :thumbup2:

#6 Uselesslight

Uselesslight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

Sorry for the delay, I didn't have a chance to test that customer's computer until today.  However, it seems that what I thought was correct so thank you for posting those guides Wolverine 7.  I created a new profile and transferred the data to the new one and then removed the old profile.  Seems like there should've been an easier way to solve the issue but none of the other methods worked.  Again, thanks very much!

#7 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

Glad you fixed it,thanks for letting us know. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users