Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Phone Features and Things that are Missing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

I want to start a thread to discuss the Windows Phone's useful features and what features are missing. If someone thinks that I am wrong, please share what you know. I am just a new WP user myself.

CONS:

First, the big feature that WP is missing is the native network share and NAS connectivity capabilities. You would think that since the OS is Windows, this feature would be built-in just like the regular OS Windows. There are 2 or 3 apps available but all are in beta version and takes a lot of work to make them work and usually just gets disconnected. Other network or cloud sharing apps doesn't work at all.

This is just a beginning, there will probably more to come. I will also highlight good features later on. But I am hoping that some of the missing features will be included in the Cyan update.

Edited by badr0b0t, 30 June 2014 - 10:09 PM.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 badr0b0t

badr0b0t
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

PROS:

"HERE Maps" is a great tool aside from the HERE Drive GPS. HERE Maps gives you your exact location in the map while you are moving and tells you the street number and other info about the area you are in. No data required for both (map and gps).

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#3 badr0b0t

badr0b0t
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

CONS:

Uploading a photo to any forums using any 3rd party browser even IE does not work.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#4 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:08 PM

When I attempt to connect to other devices on my home network, the Device Hub feature on my Lumia 925 fails to do so. It just acts busy for a long period of time, and finally tells me it is "unable connect to the internet." Device Hub sees the devices, it just doesn't connect to them.

This happens in spite of the fact that my phone has joined my wireless network, and I can surf and stream stuff as much as I want wireless-ly.

#5 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:41 PM

Im really suprised that more users dont have Windows phones. I think personaly they are the best phone so far with the least amount of exploits so far.

There are some things i hate but i foudn the last update has improved battery life to 5 days with out a charge.

See i dont need lights and fart sounds/games on my phone. I use is for what it is designed to do and thats business, with office and adobe ready there isnt much more i need more than email, hotspot and mmsg/sms.

The finger draging over the text/keyboard is great way to type very fast emails and text's. I am suprised iphones dont have thsi feature!

#6 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:25 AM

Hello,

I have Lumia 525 and I am very satisfied. But, there are few things that makes me mad. One of them is problem that occured after I upgraded to Windows Phone 8.1. With 8.1 came Batery Saver which wasn't installed successfully. It is showing message thats it need do be re-installed, but we now that is not possible. System files can't be removed.

Second thing is that sometimes, rarely, you can't unlock srceen, button don't react or double tap od screen.

Also, battery last short when I use Viber, Messanger, and CPU makes a lot of heat, so you can't hold your fingers at the right top of your phone. 

Here maps are great and they locate you in a second. 

In the future I would really like to see option that you can send SMS messages from your computer through phone. It would be a great feature. 

Edited by severac, 11 June 2015 - 03:26 AM.

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

#7 malynensi

malynensi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:01 AM

thanks for the information., I experienced this problem a while back. it works :)

#8 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:33 PM

I can only say I waited anxiously for Windows 8 Phones to come available; I knew, for a while, they were coming.  I grabbed a Lumia 920 as it was possible.  It upgraded to 8.1 & then recently to 8.1 Update... that, actually, gave Cortana which, does work in Canada, yet.  Anyway, I, really, really, like my Windows Phone.  Although, I do wish it would ring louder.

I'm really surprised that more users don't have Windows phones

So am I.  I, also, feel more things should be offered for Windows Phones not, just iPhones & Androids. 

In the future I would really like to see option that you can send SMS messages from your computer through phone. It would be a great feature.

Actually, w/ Rogers, here in Canada, they have something called OneNumber that does allow that.

Now, there are, certainly, models nicer than mine but, overall they are sure nice & it's a good marriage of Windows 10 & Windows Phone!

Cheers,
Drew
th3_zpsfvtqya9n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users