Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Daveirons

Daveirons

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

I have asked in Skype community last week, I am still waiting on a reply.

My issue is...

When i turned on my laptop it loaded accept Skype it told me there was bad sectors within the program, so i proceeded to uninstall it and re-install it, then that's where things got worse.

After unstalling it, i tried to instal it i got a 1603 error so after doing some research i then started to get rid of everything to do with skype, i got stuck on this one issue, when i went on to this part "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone" the skype.exe could not be deleted because of this message.

"The action can't be completed because the file is open in Base Filtering Engine.

Close this file and try again."

I have tried everything to get rid of it or at least stop the service, to no avail, i even tried to delete it through the command prompt and i got the same results. As a last resort i downloaded the Mocrosoft Fix It program i saw that skype was not listed so i went to others and it asked me for a product code which i cannot find, so i am stuck with this part.

Then i thought i would just install over it i just get the same message of the 1603 error.

So i need a solution to this, as i am out of ideas, I would like very much to use skype again but unitl further notice I am without it.

A little info that may help you.

OS Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)

File Version 16.13.32.104 (Skype)

Product Version 16.13 (Skype)

Thanks in advance

Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,097 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:08 AM

Boot into safe mode and try uninstalling again.

If that doesn't work try using Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Daveirons

Daveirons
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

Thanks that worked I've now got Skype back

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,097 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

You're welcome...

You should scan your hdd for bad sectors and attempt to repair. The link below has good info on how to do that.

How to Repair Bad Sectors: 11 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

If it finds bad sectors and can't repair them, then you should consider creating an image of the hdd (backup) now as it is a 

lot easier to just install an image with all that is installed and stored on your hdd than reinstalling from scratch and

losing files stored on it.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users