Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPT Partition

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Elysium

Elysium

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:11 AM

Hello friends,

I had such trouble in accer aspire laptop.

I wanted to install windows 7 on it and when i boot up it from from my installation media i had such trouble on stage of choose a partition drive for installing a windows. when i choose a drive for example first drive there was error :windows cann't install on GPT partition, see below scree shot too please.

what is that and how to solve it?

Thanks in advanced. 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

The Windows 7 installer is running in UEFI mode.  If you delete all the existing partitions, Windows should create a GPT partition scheme and install.  Be aware that this will completely wipe all partitions on the disk including any recovery partition - no content previously on the disk will be accessible afterwards.

Alternatively you could run the installer in legacy mode (rather than UEFI mode) which will allow it to install to a disk with an MBR partition scheme.  How you do it will vary, depending on your systems BIOS.  On my PC for example, I press F12 when it first starts to get the "boot options" menu. Assuming I am using a Windows DVD I get the following choice (amongst others):

UEFI - TSSTcorp SH-S223C

TSSTcorp SH-S223C

TSSTcorp SH-S223C is just the make and model of my particular DVD drive

Choosing the one without "UEFI" in the name will cause it to boot from the DVD drive in legacy mode.

Ensure your BIOS is set to allow booting in legacy mode.

Edited by jonuk76, 30 June 2014 - 07:21 AM.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users