Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With My Desktop

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:49 AM

I now have a vertical bar on the far right of my screen about 3 inches wide.It runs from the top of my screen to the bottom. It has some of my desktop icons in it.

I prefer to have it the way it was.

Start at the far left of my bottom tray and my icons lined up next to my clock on the far right.

OK, just a stab in the dark here, but this sort of sounds like your bottom tray, taskbar, is now vertical along the right side of the screen & wider.

Where is your Start button located now?? Is it at the top right?

Regardless, can you post a Screen Shot of your desktop?

Or watch this video & confirm if it looks something along the lines of what you have. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeN_EZy2WQw

Edited by saw101, 01 July 2014 - 02:01 AM.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:23 AM

Thanks saw101 !

That video solved the problem !

Thanks Again,

Dennis :)

#18 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

Glad saw101 was able to sort out your problem. Thanks for the update. Just remember to lock the taskbar to keep the problem from occuring. It happened to me once and it completely freaked me out before I found out how to fix it. I had trouble bringing it down to the bottom. The task bar was moved to the top of the screen.

Edited by JohnC_21, 01 July 2014 - 11:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users