Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System optimiser

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RoseDornian

RoseDornian

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:13 AM

Last week I thought I was doing a genuine Java upgrade but I ended up with System optimiser that pops up on start up.  I uninstalled it but it still comes up.  I also have this V9 search engine that keeps coming up when I open a new tab and it keeps setting itself as my home page.  I read up and followed some of the instructions to remove these.  In all the articles I read they say to download some sort of removal tool.  These don't work, one of them was caught by my antivirus as a threat and it would not let me download it.  I tried to restore to an earlier time, that didn't work either. 

Is there a way to fix this manually with out having to download a tool?

I'm ready to just do a clean install, getting very annoyed.

Edited by hamluis, 30 June 2014 - 06:53 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:15 AM

Yeah, you could do it manually if you knew ALL the locations these and other crapware are installed.

Best to use programs that have done the work of finding the locations for you. Certainly is a lot easier

and a lot less time consuming than a reinstall.

Do you want to try using programs such as MBAM, AdwCleaner, Eset online scanner....all free programs?

Edited by buddy215, 30 June 2014 - 07:17 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users