Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalled I.e 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 emm

emm

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:03 AM

Hi Peeps

I installed Internet Explorer 7 - decided I didnt like it - so uninstalled it....

Problem is I now have missing files and if I try and use I.E it wont perform a search at all

I cant log into Yahoo (keeps coming up with an error message)

Luckily I have Mozilla - not too keen on that, but hey at least I can browse the net

Tried to restore my system to an earlier date, but with no luck

Sooooo, short of doing a repair from my Boot Disc, is there anyway I can find out what files I am missing?

Oh and I occasionally get the 'Blue Screen of Death'

Help Me Purleeeeeeeeeeeze..... arghhhhhhhhhhhh (screams and thinks about throwing laptop outa the window!)

emm :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:19 AM

Try the two methods to repair IE mentioned here:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_ie6.htm

If these do not work, then let us know.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 emm

emm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:24 AM

jgweed

Many thanks for your help...

Had a few problems as my laptop came installed with Windows XP and wasn't sure if I had the discs.

Anyways, I followed the instructions and located any missing files under my search option - a lot of trial and error as I'm no expert (as I'm sure you can gather lol) - but I got there in the end...

As for Internet Explorer 7 - I did a google on problems associated with uninstalling this program and found that I'd not uninstalled it completely it seems, so I went in and found the necessary file to complete the uninstall - and thats where it will stay - uninstalled.

Concerning my Yahoo - I had a missing dll(?) library, so another google search and hey presto downloaded the missing file.

All is now well (it seems), so fingers crossed!

I'm learning (slowly but surely) I may not know the 'jargon' but with a bit of common sense, glass of wine and the odd bit of swearing, I'm now up and running again - yay!!!

Once again many thanks

emm

#4 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:50 AM

IE 7 is one of Microsoft's many BETA programs. BETA means a program is in its testing phase and will have bugs, errors, etc. to any damage extent. Since Microsoft feels the urge to win the "Toolbar & Search Engine Comapny Wars" (Google vs. Yahoo. vs. Microsoft's MSN), it has released a string of new programs to "prove" it PWNs the other companies. Unfortunately, many of these programs are BETA, IE 7 being one of the more damaging and buggy BETA programs.
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users