Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something is eating up my RAM! Help me please !

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ireny

ireny

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

First,I'd like to say hello.First time here xD.And sorry if I'm in the wrong section.Ok,so here we go.

Everything went normal,games were running with decent FPS at low settings,until 1 month ago.Suddenly,all games started to have serious framedrops,from 60-80 to 5-10.Everything was perfect until those framedrops.I ran several programs to get rid of viruses(AVG,Malwarebytes) but nothing.I reinstalled my windows but then again,nothing.Ran CC Cleaner,nothing.I uninstall all those programs,and again,nothing.When the lagg occurs,the PC is at 100% CPU Usage.
Here is my PC when I lag playing a game.Task manager processes and Process Explorer running:
http://i.imgur.com/GWG9spA.png

SPECS:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+
RAM: 2 GB,DDR2
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 5xxx

Any ideas please? I'm desperate xD.

Thanks !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

For starters I'd say 2 GB is not enough for gaming with Windows 7.  Upgrade to at least 4 GB, RAM is cheap.  I also see you're running Java.  That's had a bunch of problems reported with it, so I'd try to get rid of it if I were you.  I can't tell if you have it up to date, but if you have to have it, be sure it's up to date.  

For further problem determination please download and run Speccy.  After running it click File -> Publish snapshot... Copy and paste the link it gives you into your next post.

Then download minitoolbox and run it with the following boxes checked:

List last 10 Event Viewer Errors

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions, and Memory size

List Minidump files

Copy the resulting log and paste into a reply here.

Edited by wpgwpg, 29 June 2014 - 03:31 PM.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 ireny

ireny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:48 AM

I think I will buy more RAM.However,what if the problem persists after I buy more RAM?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users