Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem posting

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

Tried to respond to Language Settings post, and it wouldn't let me post.  Logged off, and tried again.  Looking at the mapping above and it shows:

So I'm in the right forum.  What is wrong?!  If you see this post, it shows I have permission, but I can't respond to the one post.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

Scotty, I was able to reply to that forum with no problems FWIW.  I have no special privileges here, and I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, same as you.  Maybe it was some temporary glich with the forum, but you might want to check for malware on your end too.

Good luck. 

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

I know it's not malware, because if I can post to the forum itself, but not one post.  Add to that, I've posted AT LEAST five times.  I just tried it again, and it blew up again.  Also...

Removed all but the link, and it came back the same: Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

BC doesn't like the link for some reason!

The words in the URL are:

* http://

* a period
* emdadblog
* .com
* a dash
* change
* a dash
* keyboard
* a dash
* layout
* a dash
* settings
* a dash
* usa
* a dash
* to
* a dash
* uk
* a dash
* a dash
* tutorial
* .html

My research showed nothing wrong with emdadblog site.  So the answer is something on BC blocked it.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

http://www.emdadblog.com/change-keyboard-layout-settings-usa-to-uk-image-tutorial.html

2 things wrong with your link description which is no big deal since that is a lot to type and it's easy to miss something

* http://

* a period
* emdadblog
* .com
* a dash (should be a forward slash)

* tutorial
* .html

should be

*tutorial

*dot

*html

Edited by Queen-Evie, 29 June 2014 - 05:10 PM.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

As you can see it posted fine for me. BC isn't blocking it. I may be a global moderator but even I can't get around a block if there was one.

#6 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

Queen-Evie, no disrespect, but you have to remember, that a global moderator's permissions are different than that of a "regular" user, they have more power, so the test by a global moderator isn't a fair, because of the increased power.  I also tested it from my test machine, that had only windows installed, and a BASIC (no add-ons) browser.  It failed there also.  So it isn't an issue with our computers, because there was nothing there that could block it!

Have a great day.

Edited by scotty_ncc1701, 29 June 2014 - 06:11 PM.

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

No disrespect seen at all. It's a valid concern for you. And you may very well be correct. I was thinking about something else at the time, which was when not to long ago I got an error telling me that the file extension of an image I wanted to post was not acceptable. I was thinking your issue could be something along those lines but it would not apply to a website link.

edit to add-you are correct.

I signed in using my daughter's Bleeping Computer account. In this topic under her account name the same message was received when attempting to post the link.

no-permission-bc.png

Edited by Queen-Evie, 29 June 2014 - 07:33 PM.

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

I have reported your error message. Hopefully there will be an answer regarding why you got it.

#9 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:56 PM

I expect it's a false positive to a spam countermeasure system we have in place. Looking into it.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#10 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

That site, emdadblog.com, has spammed us in the past and was added to our spamfilters.

#11 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

SPAM control should affect ALL users, even ADMIN/MODERATORS. Even if folks might disagree with this, it should at least say way... (site) is on block list, or highlight the problem, etc, IMO. That would eliminate a lot of concerns. Have a great day.

#12 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:42 PM

Spam controls do not affect staff because then they would be unable to discuss the spam words or domains.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users