Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't hear sound from my laptop unless i use a headset...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yamsonrowena

yamsonrowena

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

My laptop is Acer Aspire 4736z..

I can't hear any sound from my laptop unless I use a headset.. I tried to play some music on both windows media player and itunes and I see on the volume control that it is displaying that it has a sound, but there is none... and even on skype i can't hear anything unless i use my headset.

I even checked my sound card on device manager it says that it is working properly. I tried everything from the internet but nothing seems to work for me.. please someone help me :'(

Attached File  Untitled.jpg   92.21KB   0 downloads

Edited by yamsonrowena, 29 June 2014 - 01:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

I have the same problem on my Toshiba Satellite L755 laptop.  Headphones and external speakers work fine, but the internal speakers work for roughly 30 seconds & quit.  To diagnose the problem I booted from a Ubuntu DVD and tried it; got the same results.  That means it's a hardware problem.  So at first I bought cheap external speakers which circumvented the problem, but my wife didn't like the extra wires (women!), so I got a $35 Bluetooth speaker which sounds better and doesn't require any wires to the laptop. 

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

Hello and :welcome:

Right click your speaker icon in the system tray. Select Playback Devices. Make sure your speakers are set as default. There should be a green checkmark next to them.

Edit: You have Realtek High Definition Audio. Open Control Panel and select Large Icons instead of Category. You should see the Realtek HD Audio Manager. Right down your current settings. There may be a setting that you will need to change in the Manager to get Speakers to work.

Edited by JohnC_21, 29 June 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#4 yamsonrowena

yamsonrowena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:52 PM

Hello and :welcome:

Right click your speaker icon in the system tray. Select Playback Devices. Make sure your speakers are set as default. There should be a green checkmark next to them.

Edit: You have Realtek High Definition Audio. Open Control Panel and select Large Icons instead of Category. You should see the Realtek HD Audio Manager. Right down your current settings. There may be a setting that you will need to change in the Manager to get Speakers to work.

I also look unto that, still I got nothing....

I have the same problem on my Toshiba Satellite L755 laptop.  Headphones and external speakers work fine, but the internal speakers work for roughly 30 seconds & quit.  To diagnose the problem I booted from a Ubuntu DVD and tried it; got the same results.  That means it's a hardware problem.  So at first I bought cheap external speakers which circumvented the problem, but my wife didn't like the extra wires (women!), so I got a $35 Bluetooth speaker which sounds better and doesn't require any wires to the laptop. 

Good luck.

Good idea ;)

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:42 PM

Did you run the Windows Sound Troubleshooter (available in Help menus)?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users