I started having this problem around a month or go- I have no clue what, or if, anything happened then to cause this. Here's the gist of it:
- I have a Lenovo laptop that connects to wireless networks(this has happened on multiple wifi networks) but will lose connectivity with the internet intermittently
- usually I disconnect from the wireless network and then reconnect and it works for a bit and then goes out again
- the entire time I am connected to the wireless network and can get in to the router
- wired PCs on the network do not have this issue
- like I stated, it's happened on more than one wireless network
- I have run ping tests to the router and to google.com or 18.104.22.168 and it will not drop a single packet to the router but intermittently drops 20-60% of packets to google or 22.214.171.124(a Google DNS server)
- this led me to think it a DNS issue- I have flushed the DNS cache to no avail
- I have cleared the browser cache and cookies and it happens on multiple browsers
- I have tried DHCP as well as static IPs
- when closely looking at it, sometimes I see connecting to snapfish.com when trying to go to a website- this has me considering the possibility it's malware and if so, I can take this to the appropriate forum
- I am in IT and very careful with my browsing but I do use the laptop to fight malware
- I have run malwarebytes and Eset's online scanner and run MSE regularly and nothing has popped up very alarming
- I should point out I have no issues when using the laptop through an ethernet wired connection
Any ideas? Is it a networking issue? Should I take this to the malware forum?
Thanks for the help.