Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Videos are constantly distorted (happens with every browser)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Bernas24

Bernas24

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:43 AM

This has been happening ever since I got my PC formatted. It's like the video quality keeps changing to 240p and then to normal again (but it's not really changing). Happens with every browser, must be something in the internet settings I assume? I don't know what though, please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:00 AM

Hi Bernas24, did you install the chipset and video drivers accordingly after reinstalling Windows? Please post the computer model next time. Does it happen only on online videos in every browsers you've used? How about media files like saved videos or movies? What browser have you tried already?

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Tekken

#3 Bernas24

Bernas24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:56 AM

All drivers are updated. Happens with every online video regardless of the website, it doesn't happen on media player videos so it's really an internet thing. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, IE so far. 

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/11ZBtGvr7djITT17CpwH3nB

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

Please check your flash player versions if they are up to date or reinstall them including some of your preferred browsers. Make sure to backup your bookmarks also.

1lYZhNg.jpg

Go to Control Panel - Network - Internet Options - Advanced tab.

Uncheck under Accelerate graphics box - Use software rendering... hit apply. Ok.

Download MiniToolBox and run the program. Select
List Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs then click Go.

Tekken

#5 Bernas24

Bernas24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

I forgot to mention I had already reinstalled flash multiple times, it's up to date aswell. That box was already unchecked.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:09 PM

Ok, please post the minitoolbox report next time. :thumbup2:

Additional scans...

Try clearing your cache files : Free Ccleaner
Ignore the Registry feature of Ccleaner as it is not recommended or needed.

Download Adwcleaner by Xplode from here.
Click on Adwcleaner and hit the Scan button and will begin to search for PUP and malicious files. Once finished click the Delete/Clean button. Copy and paste the log on your next reply.

Scan for Malware using free Malwarebytes
Install then run a quick scan only after updating to the latest definition.Uncheck the trial pro version on setup and remove any found threats after running the scan.
Please post also the result.

Tekken

#7 Bernas24

Bernas24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

No malwares. Cleaned cache, still got the problem. Here's the result of minitoolbox: https://www.mediafire.com/?k1k0d59gnrzd4z2

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

Thank you for posting back the needed information Bernas. :thumbup2:

Please remove DriverAgent program by your Add or Remove Utility in Control Panel. This program is not recommended as it is considered a crapware. Did you use this software for updating/installing your system drivers? The correct video driver for your AMD Radeon HD card is found from this site. Please use the Custom install and select either the driver only, selected or the whole CCC package.

Remove and update the following softwares  :

All Iobit Products

Advance System Care 7

Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX -> Remove and or update.

Firefox -> Update

HP Products/Solution Center (?) ->  or confirm if its needed on your system

Uttorent

See also the correct drivers for your motherboard's chipset, built-in video, LAN card, etc. from the manufacturing support site. Let us know of the results next time.

Tekken

#9 Bernas24

Bernas24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:54 AM

All of those softwares I installed after I had this problem, so it can't be from there. Again, those drivers are updated already. 

#10 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

Go to a youtube video and then right-click from within the video then choose settings. Toggle between unticking/ticking 'enable hardware acceleration' then relaunch the browser and check the difference. It would be advisable to remove all previous softwares as ssuggested.

Tekken

#11 Bernas24

Bernas24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:49 AM

Already did that on all browsers and it didn't work. My guess it's something on the internet settings

#12 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

I'm not sure what to set or change from the internet settings but did you check your video card control center such as default settings and refresh rate?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users