Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox freezes computer, Explorer Task Manager constantly crashes/hangs Moved*

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew456

Andrew456

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

Hello,

I have been having some issues for the last couple of days with my computer.  I first experienced trouble with Firefox while watch a simple Twitch Stream.  For no reason (as the computer was completely idle save the stream) I received a message saying Shockwave Player (or some script on the page) stopped responding.  The popup gave me the option to wait for the script to respond, or to kill it.  I attempted to kill it, by opening up Task Manager.  This took maybe 3 minutes to open up, while in the process hung my entire system the whole time, and then led to Firefox itself to completely lock up.  As well, when attempting to open up Task Manager in the first place, if at first the window did not show up I would attempt to open it again.  The first time by using the Ctrl, Shift, Escape combination, and when that was unsuccessful (as it normally pops up instantly), I would thusly right click the taskbar to open it that way.  By doing this method it would take minutes for the popup from the taskbar itself to showup.  After finally getting Task Manager open, I would see two different Task Manager processes.  One at roughly 4k kilobytes of memory, while the other ~100.  As someone with a tiny bit of OCD I would close the smaller kilobyte one by right clicking it to kill the process from the popup menu.  Right clicking the process would give me no window, nor would hitting kill process from the tab on the Task Manager window itself do anything.  So, from there I started my virus scanners.  At first I performed an Avast boot time scan that gave me an error 42111.  I researched into this and it apparently is Avast not able to access a file in side an archive.  So when the system fully booted up, I ran the normal Avast full system scan which gave me 1 threat.  A minor one.  Then I ran a MalwareBytes full system scan which gave me 2 threats.  These were both quarantined.  Still I had issues.  So I decided to try the Panda Cloud scanner as I was told it could scan/run without interfering with Avast as it was "on the cloud".  This as well gave me 2 threats, which it says it fixed.  I still am having issues with my computer (nothing has changed).  So I decided then to do a HijackThis scan to get a log.  I was hoping if it were possible for me to receive help on understanding what issues I have, and interpret my log. 

I appreciate any help I receive.

Thanks,

Andrew

Edit: I'm really sorry I realized I posted this in the wrong forum  I do apologize for this.

Edited by hamluis, 29 June 2014 - 10:46 AM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

Hello, Please post that HJT log with a DDS log from this guide.

Please follow this Preparation Guide, and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Andrew456

Andrew456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

Thank you for responding I have made the new topic. Andrew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users