Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Viknok Activity 3 Infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Irishlass1021

Irishlass1021

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

I would like some help removing Viknok Activity 3 which has been identified by Norton 360.  It continues to block intrusions attempts and gives a popup about every 5 seconds.  I immediately ran Malwarebytes (log saved) and it detected 3 registry key issues, one trojan.backdoor and one Adware.Deepdive problem.  I clicked "fix" and rebooted as suggested.  Malwarebytes continues to block outbound traffic to IP's beginning with 5.45.  The two most common are 5.45.68.199 and 5.45.15.190, and Norton 360 continues to pop up every 5 seconds with an inbound blocking message.  I am running XP Pro with SP3.  Thanking everyone in advance for any help you can give!

Irishlass1021

Edited by hamluis, 28 June 2014 - 08:07 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

This is a particularly nasty Trojan.  There are tools which cannot be used in this forum which will be needed to clean your computer.  For this reason you will need to open another topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum.

Before posting your topic there you will need to read and follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help.

This forum is always busy, for this reason it may take a couple of days before a member of the Malware Removal Team will be able to get to your topic.  Do not add anything once you have posted your log.  The Malware Removal Team members look for topics which have not been addressed, if you post any additional information it will make it appear that the topic is being addressed.

After you have posted your new topic a Moderator will close this topic.  If after cleaning the infection it is determined that you have a software or hardware issue you can contact a Moderator to have your topic reopened. 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users