Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bad-People

Bad-People

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

Because there always has to be something wrong with my computer. 

I've experienced a blue screen 3 times over the last two weeks or so that shuts down my laptop. It has always happened while trying to run my RealPlayer video player. 

The first two times it happened while trying to open the player(Though by no means every time, maybe once ever 10 to 20 times). All I was able to read from it was a header that said "BAD_POOL". The last time it happened during the end credits of a movie I had watched and the header wasn't there. 

Toshiba Satellite L305-S5944

Vista Home Basic 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Bad-People

Bad-People
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

I've read that power problems can cause this. Since I changed my power setting to Power Saver not long ago to help with cooling I'm going to switch back to Balanced and see if that fixes it. 

#3 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

If you need further help diagnosing the problem, please download and run Speccy.  After running it click File -> Publish snapshot... Copy and paste the link it gives you into your next post.

Then download minitoolbox and run it with the following boxes checked:

List last 10 Event Viewer Errors

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions, and Memory size

List Minidump files

Copy the resulting log and paste into a reply here.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users