Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to Manually remove program. Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Antro_1

Antro_1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

I'm having an issue in the add / remove program section in the control panel. There is a game called Red faction guerilla that is cluttering up the list (yes I am a neat freak and like to keep my PC clean for some reason) and it is irritating knowing that it still has data in around my computer Iv tried uninstalling it but it gives me an InstallShield error 1628 and then it closes and does nothing. I have went into the registry keys and I could not find it listed its like it is non existent but still remains on my computer. Please please please help me remove this I have searched everywhere for help but have came to no solution other than the ones I have tried. Thanks :) 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,450 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

Try the Revo uninstaller - it is very good at getting rid of leftover fragments of programs. You can get it here :-

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/revo-uninstaller/

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Antro_1

Antro_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:20 AM

Thanks will try it now.

Edited by hamluis, 29 June 2014 - 11:04 AM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#4 Antro_1

Antro_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

It worked! Thanks a million finally all the hidden files and registry keys are gone! again thanks I have been trying to fix that problem forever :D

Edited by hamluis, 29 June 2014 - 11:03 AM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,450 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

Glad the problem is sorted. The Revo uninstaller is a very useful tool.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users