Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Someone help please!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bigrobifer

bigrobifer

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

It started out with an FBI ransomware virus. After getting help in another section of bleepingcomputer I was able to find the install log for the ransomeware its dated april2011. I bought this computer in feb. 2012. apperantly with the ransomware on it. After the help guy removed it from my computer i went to download the microsoft patch for that particular vulnerability (kb2565063 - covered under ms11-25 or 19) I cant download this patch. The dates proove that i bought this laptop with this problem in it. Thats for a different place though. I need this patch to finish the fix can any help me with this i have searched and searched but all microsoft says is to use the windows update button. What do I do? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,659 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

Are you saying you cannot download it or install it. Did you try the following link? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999

#3 bigrobifer

bigrobifer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

I never found the page that link to the first time i went for it. But when i just downloaded - failure. I cant install it. I'm writing microsoft about it right now an going to raise h3ll with wal-mart come monday, 2 years and i never knew this crap was on here.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,659 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

Is Visual C++ 2010 SP1 located under Uninstall Programs in Control Panel?

#5 bigrobifer

bigrobifer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

yup. I'm about to uninstall all of the c+ prog languages. Basically everything listed there. The secirity patch that it blocks me from downloading is related to the smb control. 

#6 bigrobifer

bigrobifer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

https://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-usa-09/ORTEGA/BHUSA09-Ortega-DeactivateRootkit-PAPER.pdf

i have lo-jack on here but i never installed it. i'm sure its related to that. seems like i need to deactivate that system to clean the infection. But the backddor is still open as it says activation/deactivation cant be made permanent. but at least i'll know how to protect it and that its even there.

#7 Kaosu

Kaosu

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

It started out with an FBI ransomware virus. After getting help in another section of bleepingcomputer I was able to find the install log for the ransomeware its dated april2011. I bought this computer in feb. 2012. apperantly with the ransomware on it. After the help guy removed it from my computer i went to download the microsoft patch for that particular vulnerability (kb2565063 - covered under ms11-25 or 19) I cant download this patch. The dates proove that i bought this laptop with this problem in it. Thats for a different place though. I need this patch to finish the fix can any help me with this i have searched and searched but all microsoft says is to use the windows update button. What do I do? 

Manually check for updates until Windows Update tells you that it is up-to-date at least two times in a row. I have personally seen Windows Update claim I was up-to-date, only to find security fixes the second I checked for updates. If Windows claims that it is up-to-date, try the following:

If Secunia PSI does not find the update, then you may already have it installed.

What error messages did you get when you tried installing the update manually?

Edited by Kaosu, 28 June 2014 - 05:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users