Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer isn't registering my audio device connected to my graphics card

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 danielyoon10

danielyoon10

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

I have my monitor hooked up to my PC via HDMI, which has an audio out to plug my speakers into. After a reboot(might've been after I updated my graphics card's drivers), my computer stopped registering my monitor as a playback device.

How can I get sound back?

Specs:

Motherboard: MSI something,not sure
Videocard: GTX 770
Processor: intel i7 950
Ram: 4gbx2 Crucial 1600 DDR3
Powersupply: 650 watt

Edited by danielyoon10, 28 June 2014 - 01:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:40 PM

my guess is that there is a connection missing, it is real tiny and is called a SPDIF or something like that. have you checked into that?

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#3 danielyoon10

danielyoon10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

my guess is that there is a connection missing, it is real tiny and is called a SPDIF or something like that. have you checked into that?

Well, when I go into the playback devices, there is something called SPDIF or something like that listed there, not sure what that is. Other than that, no physical connections have been altered, it just disppeared when I rebooted, I think after a clean driver update.

#4 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

it is somehow related to using hdmi out on a card and having audio. i saw it in a youtube video once.

most of the time, users don't pay much attention to the feature, but cards that feature hdmi  definitely do have the provision on the circuit board i think.

Edited by synergy513, 28 June 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#5 danielyoon10

danielyoon10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

it is somehow related to using hdmi out on a card and having audio. i saw it in a youtube video once.

most of the time, users don't pay much attention to the feature, but cards that feature hdmi  definitely do have the provision on the circuit board i think.

That's been on the playback devices list even before all this happened, and I can't get sound to play if I put that on default and plug the speakers into every hole imaginable.

#6 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

until you get the hdmi sound figured out, is there a lime green headphone jack anywhere on the back of the case??

most motherboards have the onboard audio built in and it usually is quite functional, although not the best quality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users