Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 N3koAsylum

N3koAsylum

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

Late last night I was on my desktop surfing the web just fine but when I woke up I couldn't get online. There was a error that came up that said, "Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)". I've been on my laptop for the past hour now trying to search up a way to fix this. My wireless connection is just fine because like I said I'm using my laptop. It's just my desktop is giving me trouble.

The things I tried so far was flushing, renewing, netsh, uninstalling McAfee, disabling firewall, reset router, tried OpenDNS & Google DNS, tried using CMD to find out some information but it kept on telling me 'Media disconnected'. I'm on the verge of just giving up, I don't know what to do anymore. If you guys can please help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

Try doing a System Restore to a few days earlier.  You could also try booting to Safe Mode with networking.  If that works, I'd download Malwarebytes and do a scan with it.  When the scan finishes, click Quarantine all.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users