Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

if mx14 won't load or the video is choppy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bmike1

bmike1

• Members
  • 596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:49 AM

if no load- At the menu screen, press 'e' to edit and then use the arrows keys to navigate to the line that begins linux boot etc and go to the end of that line (make sure you leave a space after ro) and type acpi=off. Now press F10. If X won't start or XBMC starts with a black screen add 'vga=791' or 'vga=792'. to make acpi/vga commands permanent: (in X) Grub Customizer, General Settings, Kernel settings. Add commands there, save and reboot. if video jerky or XBMC starts with a black screen: run Nvidia_install script

A/V Software? I don't need A/V software. I've run Linux since '98 w/o A/V software and have never had a virus. I never even had a firewall until '01 when I began to get routers with firewalls pre installed. With Linux if a vulnerability is detected a fix is quickly found and then upon your next update the vulnerability is patched.  If you must worry about viruses  on a Linux system only worry about them in the sense that you can infect a windows user. I recommend Linux Mint or, if you need a lighter weight operating system that fits on a cd, MX14 or AntiX.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,933 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:41 AM

XBMC

That is one way cool prog. I just installed it and it can do some funky things. I am so impressed with it.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users