Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start up loop on Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alliandrina

alliandrina

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

My daughter has a Dell Inspiron 1545 with windows vista. The other night, the electricity went out and I guess came back on while we were sleeping. She turned her computer this morning and it would load to the operating system. It got past the logo screen to the shut down improperly screen where it gives the options of repairing or starting normally.  Either option causes it to reboot again. None of the options in the advanced boot screen helps nor in the f12 menu.  The odd things is that sometimes before it reboots you can see a flash of a blue screen. Anyways, I'm not sure what this means. We are on vacation and I don't have an installation/boot up disk with me. But I can send for it. I guess I am just wondering if there is anything else I can try.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,939 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

Press F8 and select Disable automatic restart on system failure

See if it throws a stop error when it boots. This should show the blue screen that you saw flash by.

#3 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

Hello alliandrina,

If Startup Repair is not working and you cannot access Safe Mode, you are unfortunately out of options for a repair (given that you do not have the Windows Vista operating system DVD).

Dell should have included a Recovery Partition on the computer's harddrive which will revert the system back to factory conditions. This can accessed during startup by pressing a manufacturer designated function key or combination of keys. With Dell it is often F11 or Ctrl + F11 but this may vary from computer to computer.

Note that the System Recovery process will delete all personal files and programs, reverting your computer to the state it was in when first purchased.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users