Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Too much RAM being used

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nepson

nepson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

I haven't figured out what causes it, but my computer will randomly decide to use 90% of my RAM when it should only be using 50-60%, according to task manager. I would appreciate some help with this issue

Edited by nepson, 27 June 2014 - 03:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

Recent versions of Windows are designed to make maximize the use of RAM in order to improve performance, so the numbers you're looking at mean very little.  When the need comes along for more RAM than is currently available, Windows will steal the RAM from the least recently used app, write its contents to the paging file, and give it to the app that needs it.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users