Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard Lag

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Coolos

Coolos

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

Hey guys,

I am having a problem with my laptop. More specifically, the keyboard. Every now and then, this weird thing happens to my laptop where whenever I hold down a key on the keyboard, I get severe lag. My computer practically freezes. This event happens on chrome, and in all games.  The only fix I have found to this is restarting the computer. However, after a seemingly random amount of time, it appears again. The time in between it appearing again ranges from days to months. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Computer specs:

Dell Inspiron N5110

64 bit OS

4GB ram

Windows 7 Home Premium

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

It sounds as if your keyboard is going out.  Connect an external keyboard and see what happens.  Also you can try to use a duster and clean the keyboard out, or a small vacuum cleaner.  If the cleaning doesn't help, but the external keyboard works, then you'll need to replace the laptop keyboard.  Over the years, I had to replace keyboards before... remember, it has moving parts that wear out.

Best of luck.

#3 Coolos

Coolos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

Could that be the problem though? It makes me skeptical that the keyboard works again when I restart the computer. I do not have any external keyboards with the correct plug for my laptop, so it would be a bit difficult for me to test it. I'll try cleaning it though, and let you know how that works.

#4 Coolos

Coolos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:32 PM

Well, I turned off my computer and cleaned my keyboard. As expected, the keyboard works again, since I restarted. I guess there is no way to test anything else until the problem comes up again, so I guess this post is solved. Thanks for your help.

#5 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

Great to hear!

Edited by scotty_ncc1701, 27 June 2014 - 03:34 PM.

#6 Coolos

Coolos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

Well, as expected, the problem is back. I do not know what I can do to fix this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users