Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Close account?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_RoutaSielu_*

Guest_RoutaSielu_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

Is there some way I can close account here?

It does me no good to be here and I don't plan to ever sign in again.

Too many people confusing me, none giving actual straight forward advice.

Too much preaching, not enough teaching.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

Hello RoutaSielu.

I am sad to hear that you want to close your account.

From what I have read, you have contributed quite a bit of useful, helpful information to the forum board.

If you have had a negative experience with other forum board members assisting you, we have all run into that situation occasionally, eventually, someone who has more experience to will chime in and help.

Bleeping computer allows anyone the opportunity to assist others with help or advice, some may be more helpful than others, but the majority have shown to be quite useful with a small handful who are not. Eventually, as time goes on, even those members become knowledgeable assets to the wealth of information that can be gained by visiting the Bleeping Computer forum board.

I ask that you withdraw your request and remain a valued member of Bleeping Computer. Time can only make things better and your knowledge is also a valuable asset to others as well.

Bruce.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Guest_RoutaSielu_*

Guest_RoutaSielu_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

Either way makes no difference to me, I'm not planning to sign in here ever again anyway.

I'm off to live a nice quiet life of solitude in the middle of no where... far away from all people.

#4 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

Either way makes no difference to me, I'm not planning to sign in here ever again anyway.
I'm off to live a nice quiet life of solitude in the middle of no where... far away from all people.

RoutaSielu

This is a great sadness.

Being some one who wants to leave, maybe makes you the kind of person this forum needs most.

Why, because this forum is mostly populated with 2 kinds of people, feel-ly touchy types( right brained dominate) who will never grasp the number oriented (left brain dominate) subject matter of computers.

When i first got here, i often posted art work at the end of my posts that i was in the middle of restoring, I did this to brighten a very dry subject, as pure numbers, almost give me goose bumps. admin hamluis deleted every one of them as he thought and said i might be of the Juvenal face-book crowd, and this was not the place for such things and a distraction,

Maybe a big surprise to him, i wrote back, in a most elongated way, I admired his background greatly and life longevity,

and as a result i think we both saw, that without art (about which he has great taste) the numbers add up to nothing, and he made me see, without the numbers there will be ZERO art.

I watch left and right hemispherical thinking fly back and forth here often, it can be patience exhausting.

But from it, i got something this forum never even promised and made my life a whole world better, a lot of empathy, for some guy on the other side of the world, who may not speak any english, who cares about me enough  to translate my post, give me a re-translatable answer, and then scratch his head and ask himself, why in the world did jimbotoo leave that picture of a mermaid combing her hair in his signiture.

My brother, i am heading for a out back farm my self, with zero net. away from a world of news that i should never hear cause i can't do a thing at my age about it.

But hope I encounter many "hamluis's" in the out back, who will and have made me enjoy the sunsets better, cause i have an illogical grin on my face, the result of doing something that makes no sense, and can not be done with numbers, and yet makes all the sense there is , laughing at my own over seriousness.

Let's  see if Prof.hamluis deletes my picture here, I bet hes way too busy laughing !!!!!!!

Thanks Hamluis :thumbup2:

Edited by Blade, 27 June 2014 - 03:58 PM.
Removed image as it is not condusive to the discussion. ~Blade

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,840 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

@jimbotoo,

Since you have decided to make this an open topic whereby you decide to criticize a moderators actions. I will openly correct your misguided assumptions on how we moderate the forums for the entire membership. . . not individual personalities and how they choose to post.

First of all hamluis is a moderator not an admin. He did discuss his actions regarding your penchant for including sometime overly large images, prior to taking any action, with the staff. So, while you may have an issue with what was done, you're attacking the messenger.

Furthermore I would like to draw your attention to the Board Rules. Specifically:

"There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory. This includes flaming or instigating arguments."

Our staff are members too, and if you think that we take issue with attacks against our visitors. . . imagine how we feel when you launch a personal attack against one of the volunteers who helps keep this site running.

While you find it 'enlightening' to post images in your posts and topics, others who my be on mobile or limited bandwidth accounts find it distracting or even problematic. Not to mention it often detracts from the continuity of topics when you have to scroll past an image that's been posted days or weeks ago repeatedly. Unless the image is related to or relevant to the topic at hand. Please do not randomly post images within your topics and or posts. You are more than welcome to post your enlightening images in a thread in the appropriate forum.

If you have issues with staff, address them via PM. Posting about them publicly is not appropriate. If you believe you are being discriminated against or receiving unfair treatment, PM a Site Admin.

Thank you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,904 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

All the staff here are helpfull and friendly, When I first started here I made the mistake of typing out some code in a post as a joke, Blade contacted me and explained why it was a bad idea, I have found that if a moderator deletes something It is with good reason

hamluis is a great moderator, He has helped me out on a number of occasions, Thanks louis you rock.

I have been a moderator and administrator on a few sites and know how hard it can be to put up with some members.

If you have an issue with a moderator you take that up first with the moderator if no result take it up with Admin in pm and work the issue out like a man with them, If you would have criticised one of my mods like that in the open forum I would have Ip banned you from the site. Good Moderators like good members are hard to find, Why? Because these guys do this for free.

To all staff great job guys thanks.

Thats my monthly rant done.

Too many people confusing me, none giving actual straight forward advice.

We have done nothing but give you advice, You chose to run the linux os that you are having issues with, You were told we knew nothing about open suse, We suggested other options, all you did was give negativity and wouldn't listen to any advice, Ok you know better that's cool.  To solve all your problems in one hit This is my advice. Get a new PC with Windows on it.

Edited by NickAu1, 27 June 2014 - 06:15 PM.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#7 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:34 AM

@jimbotoo,

Since you have decided to make this an open topic whereby you decide to criticize a moderators actions. I will openly correct your misguided assumptions on how we moderate the forums for the entire membership. . . not individual personalities and how they choose to post.

First of all hamluis is a moderator not an admin. He did discuss his actions regarding your penchant for including sometime overly large images, prior to taking any action, with the staff. So, while you may have an issue with what was done, you're attacking the messenger.

Furthermore I would like to draw your attention to the Board Rules. Specifically:

"There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory. This includes flaming or instigating arguments."

Our staff are members too, and if you think that we take issue with attacks against our visitors. . . imagine how we feel when you launch a personal attack against one of the volunteers who helps keep this site running.

While you find it 'enlightening' to post images in your posts and topics, others who my be on mobile or limited bandwidth accounts find it distracting or even problematic. Not to mention it often detracts from the continuity of topics when you have to scroll past an image that's been posted days or weeks ago repeatedly. Unless the image is related to or relevant to the topic at hand. Please do not randomly post images within your topics and or posts. You are more than welcome to post your enlightening images in a thread in the appropriate forum.

If you have issues with staff, address them via PM. Posting about them publicly is not appropriate. If you believe you are being discriminated against or receiving unfair treatment, PM a Site Admin.

Thank you.

brother i think you should read again, i made it very clear, hamluis made a very needed change in my understanding of

the very concentrated effort of thought here and the generosity that accompanies it, for which i thanked him and have never posted a image again except as comic reliefe on this page, which is badly needed by all and even had its inception in a lack there of by its originator.

and-admin, advisor-sargent or what ever, i sought to carry out his advisement  ASAP

I also tried to honor hamluis in other ways, and have sought out his posts for the clarity they often contain, if anyone was made the butt of a joke it was me. as noted by my only signature- :bubbles:

What i do now wonder about is, is this forum for folks who do not understand computers and for folks who have an understanding of that same subject to help others and at the same time, have a patience with a modality of color/sound /touch thinking not reduced to 1's and 0's, that will never understand computers-so come here for help????

thats why comp morons like me come here.

I have that patience, i did not go berserk when some one here had me ruin my computer word program and cost me money by telling me to delete it, when i made it clear I needed its talents as a computing device.

And no where did i decide to make this an open topic, in "general Chat" it was already wide open when its originator made a wide open statement about what a confusional situation it is here between people, with little clarity, or consideration of others who had to read it.

all based on one principle of confusion that becomes clear, if folks would take the time just to have a little patience with one another, if something is said that seems hostel, take a moment, remember, that’s bones, blood sugar and a lot of juggled math memory from across the world, maybe from a language and part of the world you or i have never been to.

then translated by a mechine.

There is a human factor here that is getting lost, and is world wide confirmed ad-infinitum common to computer communities, if this was not a fact, the best book on the subject "The Shallows" would not have been made a new york times notable book of the year, as well as contender for a Pulitzer.

and the clinical observation of that book is simple, there is a flexibility of heart that has gone vacuous between folks who only communicate through this device right before your eyes here.

the name of this site is bleeping computer, that implies humanistic humor, and consolation for a subject that knows no forgiveness, or the name would have no meaning is a further case in point.

I have slandered no one, but i have at the end of a post gone off topic to leave a post with an ending of humor or beauty.

and above i tried to bring a depressed individual RoutaSielu and a forum to see eye to eye again.

And i used two very well meaning human beings to do it, me and hamluis, the later being a most intriguing individual to me.

humans are amphibians, they live in the world of flesh, time, aging and all its fears and limitations, and the other world of emotion and memory, anyone who thinks you can divide them from one another completly on any subject they pursue, never had his name written into the history books.

Or as i told hamluis, mass plus movement divided by a lack of space must equal patience or all Hades breaks lose.

anybody who does not get that becomes a abuser and is an equation used in every post i make.

if anyone wants to really understand this sort of digital thinking confusion effecting all of us everyday, in pulitzer class style-

you can read about the god zillion arguments it cause's, almost all do to a lack of sense of humor-

http://www.theshallowsbook.com/nicholascarr/Nicholas_Carrs_The_Shallows.html

Gosh who would have thought, a guy who does not have the brains god gave a screw driver like me gets to teach

something- and the most simple of things ---humor is a sensory device,

sometimes you can not understand something oooooor a person without a sense of humor, and there is a word to lable not knowing that --sad

jimbotoo

#8 Guest_Daancatch22_*

Guest_Daancatch22_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

I would like to close my account!

I dont use it anymore...it was a great help..but id like my account be closed!

kind regards,

Daan

#9 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

kind regards,

Daan

Hello Daancatch22 :hello:

I think you need to PM admin to have "your" account and posts closed.

And it is yours, I hope i find they respect that what you write is/as  your property, and delete by request.

keep the hope and stay in light

jimbotoo :bubbles:

#10 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:44 PM

kind regards,

Daan

Yet you keep posting. Here is a tech tip from someone that has been a member of many forums: a laundry list of those I no longer go to. Solution: stop posting. 

Free of charge. 

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,840 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:58 PM

@Ivy74 If you notice the display name you quoted and the name actually showing in that post do not match. Note the display name now says Guest_Daancatch22_*. Which means their account has been closed per their request. So they aren't actually still posting as you suggest.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#12 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:00 PM

@Animal. This is the second time I was corrected on something. Guys I am BS'n here. Is everyone this serious on this site? Maybe this isn't the place for me. 

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#13 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,840 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

Text based communication lacks the ability to convey body language or voice inflection. Therefore the gulf of sarcasm continues to exist and you have to explain your jokes when you're the relative new kid.

Only you know the answer to whether this place is for you or not. Now you tell me if I'm BSing or not.

Edited by hamluis, 27 September 2014 - 08:17 AM.
Typo - Hamluis.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#14 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

Sarcasm was there. Let's be honest, "Hey, I no longer want to be here, delete my account, blah blah blah". Simple solution don't post. Simple. You don't have to post about it. By posting about ones departure is like saying "Hey I am important and want all this attention that I am leaving" instead of just not post. But what do I know. 

I'll tell you what. I will continue to be me on this forum: sarcastic, joking, and helping when I can. If I re-answered a question, if I went off slightly off-topic, oh well. Don't like it, the power is in your hands to ban or delete me from this board. There are plenty more out there but yours was first on the list so I figured why not. Plus you are not the only one that came back at me about what I posted. The fact is in the other thread I was helping someone and they bashed me about going off topic and their reply was "this topic has been answered". Sorry but that is taking the site too seriously. 

Look I get it, I used to own/admin a forum (not IT based) and it was fun and it was mine. With that I don't disrespect others and I just be me. However, if someone is being stupid sorry but I AM going to call them out on it. It's that simple especially when it's the General Topic area. I am the same way on a another forum that I been a moderator for over 10-years. He in fact just gave me one of his products that he sells on the forum for free as a thank you for all I do on the forum. He is truly a stand-up guy. 

As far as I am concerned the topic we are discussing is done. Take action, don't take action, whatever. Do what you got to do. 

***Note***

#15 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:02 PM

As far as I am concerned the topic we are discussing is done. Take action, don't take action, whatever. Do what you got to do.

I agree. This topic has run its course. Those who requested deletion of their accounts have had them deleted.

This topic is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users