Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help after Combofix :(

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Caxap

Caxap

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:02 AM

Hi

Using Windows 7 pro

My problems starts 24.06.2014

Malwarebytes support tell my need some logs coz MBAM be crashed

(My pc works good always)

first tell me do farbar recovery scan - all be ok

2. tell me use JRT and ADWcleaner - all be ok

3.last time 25.06.2014 the ask to using Combofix

They not warm me about what Combofix can do to my pc :(

After i mail answer with logs MBAm support stop answer me what to do later :(

After Combofix using i got some problem:

Default browser not IE - but from Google Talk messenger still checking Inbox now Always opens IE ?!?

Some system folders maked Visible :( "Boot" and "Recovery" :(

So im think i uninstall combofix and them make system restore from restore point

And i got :( Combofix kill All restore points :(

plz help me back windows to normal settings!!!

with normal default browser opens and invisible system directories!!!

any way to descard changes???

Edited by hamluis, 27 June 2014 - 10:30 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

I checked the Malwarebytes Support forums and found this duplicate topic with a reply indicating you have submitted a support ticket.

Hi, Caxap:

It is confusing for everyone and wastes precious support resources to be working on the same problem in 2 places (forum and help desk).

So, if you still have an open, working ticket, it would probably be best if you would continue to work with your helper on the support team.

Thanks,

Malwarebytes Forum, Post #2

You have already been instructed to continue with the Help Desk which is maintained by trained experts.

Since you were advised to run ComboFix by a trained expert at another security forum then you need to contact that person for assistance when an issue prevents you from following their instructions. That Helper should be able to address any problems you encounter when downloading or running the tool as they should have the knowledge and resources to do so. Your Helper should also have access to private discussion threads related to issues when running ComboFix and access to the developer if need be. Further, following advice from others outside of a topic (or support ticket) where you are already receiving assistance may cause confusion and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. If you have any questions in regards to this please PM me or another Moderator.

The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users