Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio not working on windows 7?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ehsan96696

ehsan96696

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

Hi guys, so I did a fresh install of windos 7 pro (x64) on my desktop pc. But now the onboard audio isn't working. I checked the BIOS and saw it was enabled. Then I went to Asus's website and downloaded the recommended Realtek audio driver for my system and installed it. Still nothing. So I went into my device manager and tried updating the driver but it wasnt there. So I went to Action>Add legacy hardware, and manually installed the drivers. After the installation was completed successfully it said the driver couldn't start  (code 10). I tried multiple re-installs and restarts but to no avail. The motherboard is an asus m2a-vm. Any help would be much appreciated! :scratchhead:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

Hi ehsan96696 and Welcome to the Bleeping Community :welcome:

:step1: Please post the desktop model next time.

:step2: Did it worked prior to reinstalling Windows?

:step3: Did you install the chipset driver first after the reinstall?

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Tekken

#3 ehsan96696

ehsan96696
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:44 PM

Hi, and sorry about that haha. The audio worked on Vista prior to windows 7 and I installed the recommended chipset driver upon re installation. But alas, no progress.

Specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Eklfj5Gj4hWqKrNvCfUbbse

Edited by ehsan96696, 26 June 2014 - 10:04 PM.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:06 PM

:step1: Go to your BIOS section and make sure the audio device is enabled, save and exit.

:step2: Hit start orb, type services - Enter. Look for Audio Service, Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder are on Automatic.

:step3: See also Mirosoft Link Fixit

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users