Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer makes loud fan sound sometimes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ehzool

ehzool

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

I've had my computer for about a year. It runs Windows 8 and is very fast. A very good computer.

But now, after being about one year old, it does something it has never done during it's first year.

Sometimes, it'll make a loud fan noise (it's gotta be the fan. It's not a clunking noise or anything. Just sounds like a lot of air is being pushed around mechanically.) The noise only last for about 5 seconds.

The noise only happens when I'm doing something that takes a lot of computing power like, rendering HD video or producing music with LOTS of audio samples, and sometimes running a virus scan. If I'm rendering a video, and it takes 30 minutes to render, it'll make that 5 second noise about 60 times during those 30 minutes. 

It pretty much will never make the noise when I'm just watching videos or surfing the web. 

It sounds like a normal problem to have. When I use more computer power, the fan needs to cool faster. But I only worry because it never did this the first year I had it and I did the same type of things on it. 

Should I be concerned?

Edited by ehzool, 26 June 2014 - 06:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cj27282

cj27282

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

I really think this is a hardware issue that only the factory can fix...

#3 ehzool

ehzool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

I really think this is a hardware issue that only the factory can fix...

We'll I don't mind the noise if that's all it is. Or is my fan starting to die?

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

Based on your post with highly demanding programs being used and open, that would be normal as thermal sensors would trigger fans to blow out and dissipate the heat but definitely would check if any dust build-up on fans and vents are present.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users