Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NOTHER WINDOWS 7 ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aka rotten

aka rotten

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:15 PM

Noticing that last several days when I leave shop, and turn pc off ,it says its updating. Didnt think anything of it till today and I checked to see  what it was updating as it said 1 update every day.When I looked at windows updates showed this one which failed everyday[UPDATE FOR WINDOWS 7 FORX64-BASED SYSTEMS] [KB2868116].Have no problems that I,m aware of with pc except that. Everything seems to work as it should and other updates went thru fine. Can you tell me what this is ,and a fix?. I,m a pc idiot so explain slow and simple or is it serious enough to get help with.Paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

Try this.  Download this hotfix from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40087

Then see if you can install it after that by double-clicking on the file.  The file name is Windows6.1-KB2868116-X64.msu.  Unless you've changed the default download folder, you'll find the file in your Downloads folder.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 aka rotten

aka rotten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

Noticing that last several days when I leave shop, and turn pc off ,it says its updating. Didnt think anything of it till today and I checked to see  what it was updating as it said 1 update every day.When I looked at windows updates showed this one which failed everyday[UPDATE FOR WINDOWS 7 FORX64-BASED SYSTEMS] [KB2868116].Have no problems that I,m aware of with pc except that. Everything seems to work as it should and other updates went thru fine. Can you tell me what this is ,and a fix?. I,m a pc idiot so explain slow and simple or is it serious enough to get help with.Paul

Bingo guy,worked like a charm. Thank you and this forum for helping folks like myself that's just getting away from rotary phone.Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users