Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A couple of questions about silent installers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 liorshwa

liorshwa

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

i am working on a "project" to automate all the software installation after windows is booted up (i know about the existance of Windows-Post-Install-Wizard and i don't want to use it)

now i have a couple of questions:

1. is there any command that i can use to tell windows to wait till a program is finished installing and then start installing the next one? i tried using "START /WAIT" but it doesn't work for .msi files that have been compiled to an .exe so i need another solution please! (for example i use SFXMaker to implement switches to installers so i downloaded 7zip x64 and the SFXmaker compiled it from .msi to .exe and now Start /wait doesn't work on it)

2.how to start the installation of the software at the first-boot of the OS. i want it to look like OEM laptops - where you only see the software that is being installed without even starting windows explorer.

3.the first time you boot a PC the UAC is enabled. and as far as i know you can't disable UAC without system restart . disabling the UAC is not the problem, my problem is i don't know how to start the installers after the system has restarted 

Please correct me if i'm wrong with something and Thanks in davance, Lior!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

For all the things that don't come on multiple CDs, I'd write a batch file using CALL statements for each app I wanted to install.  I've done this numerous times for installing hotfixes, and it works well for me.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 liorshwa

liorshwa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:01 AM

thank you for your reply but you only answered on 1 of the questions

can you please help me with 2 and 3?

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:12 AM

You are saying you want stuff to install in Windows Before it boots? Or are you saying you want software to install kinda like windows updates, You know the ones that take forever to configure update 45 of 5000000 type of thing.

Or are you wanting to create a custom slip stream install?

How to slipstream Windows 7 Service Pack - Tutorial

Edited by NickAu1, 27 June 2014 - 03:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users