Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo! Toolbar won't leave me alone

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EGuidoSoda

EGuidoSoda

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

Somehow picked up the Yahoo! Toolbar, and I can't get rid of it.  It doesn't show up in my programs when I try to uninstall it, and when I try to disable it from the Manage Add Ons drop down, the Enable and Disable buttons are greyed out.  It doesn't seem to be re-directing me anywhere, but on the other hand, I don't want it there. 

I have Firefox, but the company I work for has a product portal I use every day that will only work with IE.

Guido is bummed out.  Help Guido?

Thx

Edited by hamluis, 26 June 2014 - 10:09 AM.
Moved from Gen Security to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:52 AM

I'd try AdwCleaner.  It wouldn't hurt to run Malwarebytes either.  You can download both from BC.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

Worth A Read

Louis

#4 EGuidoSoda

EGuidoSoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

I'd try AdwCleaner.  It wouldn't hurt to run Malwarebytes either.  You can download both from BC.

Good luck.

Thanks man, that did the trick.

#5 EGuidoSoda

EGuidoSoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

Worth A Read

Louis

Thanks, but it was on IE, not Firefox.  I can't use Firefox because our portal won't work with it for whatever reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users