Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop battery is not charging properly.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 titan1

titan1

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:51 AM

hi there folks,i am a newbie here.currently i am facing a problem with  my new laptop.so I am not sure if it is the correct place for posting this thread here.My laptop is a brand new HCL ME L1065.From yesterday I am facing a problem with it's charging.I was running the laptop in high performance power plan.But while working on yesterday on it,the battery charge suddenly came down to 7% of the capacity.i was running it on battery.After that I plugged the laptop and left it for charging.But when I turned on windows again,It was showing that-"52% power remaining,plugged in,charging".the problem is that the power of the battery is never going up from 52% to 100%.It is just sticking in 52%.I have again used it with out charger and the battery normally discharged to 40%.Then I again charged it,but the battery charge increased but again got stuck to 52%.I have spent several hours for charging the laptop.But the battery charge not even increased to 53%.It is not going over 52%.The charging indicator LED in the laptop is also showing that the battery is charging.I am not sure if it is the problem with the Operating system or the battery.I bought this laptop just 4 months ago.I am using windows 7 ultimate service pack 1.

system specification-hard disk-500 GB HDD

R.A.M-2GB DDR3

processor-intel core i3 2nd generation

video card-intel HD graphics 1GB

active antivirus-avast free antivirus 2014

active firewall-windows firewall

your help is much appreciated.thank you. :thumbup2:

Edited by titan1, 26 June 2014 - 04:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:15 AM

Return this lappy on warranty ASAP. Run, don't walk to the place you bought it before the warranty is out.

Lappy battery problems are notoriously finicky, so let the manufacturer deal with it, before you have to spend your own money to do so.

#3 titan1

titan1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

thank you very much elfbane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users