Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I reset an I Pad as if it were new?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jocase

jocase

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:59 PM

I received an I pad that my daughter had used, I am a PC guy and don't know much about Apple products. She said had deleted everything and it was like new. I turned it on and it did recognize my wireless router. Somewhere I screwed up at setting a password for the Ipad.
How do I get it  ready to use as if it were new? Thanks?

Edit: Moved topic from Mac OS to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:11 AM

Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings

#3 jocase

jocase
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

Thanks, I will do that. Another question. when you get to the password screen, you see a image of numbers, like a telephone keypad. Is an IPad password limited to numbers only or is that not the password screen?

#4 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:25 AM

No. You could create a password that is more secure than numbers.

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

Thanks, I will do that. Another question. when you get to the password screen, you see a image of numbers, like a telephone keypad. Is an IPad password limited to numbers only or is that not the password screen?

As noted in the link provided, if you have the "Simple Lock" turned on, then it will be limited to numbers and must be 4 digits long.

If you turn off "Simple Lock", then it can be alphanumeric (i.e. letters, numbers, symbols, etc). And you can do more than 4 digits/letters. I will note that if you use only numbers while "Simple Lock" is off, then you will only get the numeric keypad when you are on the unlock screen. If you do use letters only or letters and numbers, then you will get the standard full keyboard.

#6 morris88

morris88

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:53 AM

This caused a lot of problems for the user of an organisation that I support at work when we changed them from a simple lock to a traditional style password.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users