Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avast Virus Warning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 daniel57

daniel57

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:08 PM

Help, I keep getting these messages that say avast virus warning suspicious message thereare too many identical e-mails in appointed time. I have done clean sweeps, ad- aware cleanups, and ran avast anti virus and it keeps coming back in multiple mesages. what do I do to get rid of this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,985 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:30 PM

Sounds like it has detected a large volume of emails with the same text being sent from your computer. Whether it is a false alert or not I can't say. You might want to scan with some online virus/trojan scanners. forum.avast.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=cf03ef55b40feef1ca23636f26a5df08&topic=21132.new
The above is a link to an Avast Forum that could give you more info on the warning message.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:32 PM

Per Avast

Suspicious is not infected.
This is a warning of the heuristic mail detection. In the help file there is a comprehensive explanation about the settings.
Internet Mail provider > Customize > Heuristic tab and Heuristic (Advanced) tab.

However from what I've read at their forum, this could also be indicative of malware and they recommend to schedule a boot time scan.

To do this, first ensure you have the latest definitions. Right click on the avast! icon, select Start avast! anti-virus. If avast! detects a worm in memory, it will ask you if you want to schedule a boot time scan. Click "accept". If avast! doesn't detect anything in memory, click the drop down menu (top left) and schedule a boot time scan from there.

If your running Win XP/2000, download and scan with Ewido Anti-Malware v3.5 in "SAFE MODE".
Ewido Install and Scan Instructions.

Then perform these online Virus scans:
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]
Trend Micro Housecall Scan
Panda ActiveScan [ActiveScan Panda does not remove adware/spyware but will autoclean for viruses & worms.]

Edited by quietman7, 28 May 2006 - 04:32 PM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users