Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SOCA ransomware... Unable to boot from USB

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jamie99

Jamie99

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

Hi,

I am currently trying to remove the Soca ransomware from my netbook. It is a Samsung Nc110. I've downloaded the HitmanPro virus scanner onto a bootable USB stick. However, it seems that the NC110 does not like to boot from the USB without fiddling in the BIOS. I've fiddled a bit and changed it so that booting from USB should be first priority, but whenever I go to the Boot Screen by holding Esc at startup, it doesn't detect the USB stick. I'm sure there's so,etching very obvious eluding me... Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

Hello and I hope we can help.

From the BC Archives this is the normal method that works

If you are not able to follow this, and other directions, please post to the area as below.

You will not be able to create the requested logs if you are not able to start the computer.

• Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.
  • If you are unable to complete any step, just post the topic and leave a full description of your problems
  • NOTE : If you are unable to complete any step, just post the topic and leave a full description of your problems

• Please Use Copy / Paste for your responses, and Do Not Attach them unless your helper requests this.

• If Help Bot responds to your topic, please follw his Step #1 so the team will be notified.

• After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users