Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Howdy Ya All

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Cox

Tom Cox

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 28 May 2006 - 03:26 PM

Well to start with, I thought I was up on a bunch of this stuff , but as of yesterday, I now consider myself a newby.

With instructions from this site I =was able to delete SpyFalcon from my system. Thank You, Thank You

Left overs..Still get a recognition of a "trojan.win32.startpage.adh" but nothing I have will take it out, It is a scam,
I get a pop up that telles me I'm slow have a Trajan etc, and then asks if I want to install the program that will take it our, for about $60, which is extortion.

Also my start page is win 32i hit the right top square and it drops away to my regular screen.
Also, my Norton won't scan anymore even after I reloaded it.

Any and all help is welcome.

email XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXmail.com

(Moderator edit:E-mail address removed to avoid spambot harvesting. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 28 May 2006 - 04:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:49 PM

I suggest you post a HJT log for our volunteer team of experts to review and then they can work with you to remove the malware and leftovers. Removing these nasties can be somewhat complicated, so having someone with expertise will be a major help to you. Complete instructions for doing this can be found here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 28 May 2006 - 04:49 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:58 PM

Hi and :thumbsup: to BC Tom Cox.
Regards,

Darthy
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 28 May 2006 - 07:00 PM

Hi Tom Cox,

Good luck with the Trojan removal and...

Welcome to Bleeping Computer!

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users